Minutes 03/2006 of Metheringham Annual Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 27th June 2006 at 7.15pm in the Village Hall
1. The Vice Chairman welcomed everyone to the Parish Council Meeting, a special welcome to Cllr Kevin Parkinson. Copies of the agenda were available for members of the public.
2. OPEN FORUM
2.1 Police report
Police Constable Carl Annall the new Community Police Officer for Metheringham, was in attendance and gave the Police Report. There have been 12 crimes reported in the parish over the last month. These relate to 3 offences of damage, 4 thefts, 2 assaults, 1 arson, 1 racially motivated public order and 1 firearms offence. It had also been reported that youths had been found using the swimming pool when it was not open and the police had removed them. The Vice Chairman requested a report be given to the PC stating the outcome of crimes and convictions if any.
2.2 Public Forum
2.2.1 There were no questions or statements from the public.
2.3 Reports from representatives on outside bodies
2.3.1 Cllr Mrs Bradwell – To report on Fen Lane/Tanvats and Chance to Share issues in Matters Outstanding.
2.3.2 Nothing to report from the District Councillor.
2.3.3 To receive reports from other outside bodies – Nothing to report.
3. COUNCIL MEETING
3.1 Apologies for absence and reasons given
Councillor Dr M J Allen
3.2 To receive declarations of interest
Cllr Waddington for item 3.5.11, Cllr Mrs Parker for item 3.8
3.3 Notes of the last meeting held on 30 th May 2006, to be approved as the minutes – One amendment was made in item 2.2.1 Paul Cotue was corrected to Coatup, the signing of the minutes was proposed by Cllr Mrs Webb and seconded by Cllr Westall with all in favour.
3.4 Clerks Report - It was reported at the last meeting the state of the railway crossing in the village, this has been reported to Railtrack, and they are dealing with it.
Contacted Anglian Water and Environment Agency regarding wet lagoon, neither of them are responsible for it the Clerk is to contact NKDC. But people do need a fishing licence to fish it.
Thank you received from Cllr Mrs Honisett for the flowers, she was presented with at the Annual Village Meeting, for her tremendous efforts over the past year as Acting Clerk.
Letter received from Information Commissioner’s Office – Complaint received from Mr Waddington regarding an Information request.
Letter of thanks received from Hand-in-Hand Club, for the donation made by the PC.
Correspondence to Note is available for Councillors to view, if anyone wishes to take any item, they are to complete the form and return the item to the Clerk as soon as possible.
Anti Social behaviour – Parish survey questionnaires that were handed out at the last meeting are to be returned to the Clerk as soon as possible.
3.5 Matters Outstanding
3.5.1 Parish Dog Warden Services – A meeting is to be arranged with Cllr Mrs Honisett, the Clerk, and the dog warden for the annual review. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Honisett
3.5.2 Grit Bins – Ongoing. ACTION: Clerk
3.5.3 Skateboard Park – Mobile Unit - The dates for the mobile equipment are now confirmed as 26th and 27th July, 30th and 31st August in the Star & Garter car park. Posters are displayed around the village and an advertisement has been placed in MACLA.
3.5.4 Fayre & Feast – The next meeting of the working group will take place on 6 th July. Cllr Mrs Morrison is contacting the Police. Letters to stallholders are to be issued soon. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Parker/Working Group
3.5.5 Fen Lane/Tanvats – Brian Creasey’s previous offer of land being given for the turning circle has now been withdrawn. Cllr Mrs Bradwell is to visit him to try and resolve the situation. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Bradwell/Chairman
3.5.6 Chance to Share and related issues – Cllr Mrs Bradwell reported legal advice has been sought and a meeting is to be arranged. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Bradwell/Chairman
3.5.7 Village Hall Management issues – Letter received from Mr Crombie, he is resigning from his position as part time manager, treasurer, and booking secretary. The Chairman therefore makes a proposal to the council that RFO assumes temporary responsibility as treasurer, Clerk assumes responsibility of booking secretary. The Chairman has volunteered to be acting Duty Manager, provided other Councillors help to share the workload. Advertisements have been placed around the village for all the positions. An e-mail has been received from Carole Watson stating that 7 members of Metheringham Village Hall Committee attended a meeting on 26 th June but of those attending no one was willing or able to take on the positions of secretary or chairman. The users of the hall are concerned as to what is going to happen in the future, and are hoping the Parish Council will be able to help. ACTION: Chairman
3.5.8 Village play parks & Youths Recreation Area – Ongiong. ACTION: Cllr Finter/Chairman
3.5.9 New pavilion and changing rooms – A response has been received from HBS they had been waiting advice from the County Solicitors Office. This was received on Friday, as a result a meeting should be arranged with the Chairman, the school and representatives of the Parish Council. Cllr Westall has received a copy of a plan from MSPA. ACTION: Chairman
3.5.10 Public Conveniences – The toilets have now been decorated. The purchase of hand-driers is still ongoing. ACTION: Cllr Westall
3.5.11 Metheringham Swimming Pool Association – A letter has been received from MSPA in response to previous correspondence from the Parish Council. A copy of the MSPA AGM minutes have been received. A further letter has been received from MSPA, thanking the Parish Council for supporting them. ACTION: Chairman
3.5.12 Village car park gardens – The gardens have been cleared of weeds and new shrubs planted. Paul Scholey has a yearly contract to maintain the gardens. Several bushes and weeds need removing on the boundary. ACTION: Clerk
3.5.13 Remembrance Sunday – A meeting is to be arranged with the Reverend Charles Sowden, Chairman and Cllr Mrs Honisett. Cllr Mrs Parker is to contact the electrician again regarding the lighting. The Clerk is to arrange for the flag pole to be painted. Cllr Mrs Creasey suggested the seats should also be painted. Cllr Westall is to confirm arrangements for a bugler. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Honisett/Cllr Westall/Clerk
3.5.14 New notice board – this is still ongoing, Cllr Mrs Parker has spoken to Allen Signs again but they have not yet been to collect the keys from any of the key holders, Cllr Mrs Parker is to phone again. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Parker
3.5.15 Gate between Squash Court, Public Conveniences and Village Hall – The Clerk is to arrange a meeting with the Chairman, Squash Club and Blankney Estates. ACTION: Clerk/Chairman
3.5.16 Repair of Seats – Cllr Mrs Webb reported that several wooden slats need replacing – 2/3 slats on seat near Amelia’s, and one slat on seat opposite Great Barrier Reef chip shop. Gary Allbones is to confirm a date for carrying out the work. ACTION: Clerk
3.5.17 Repair of Litter Bins and request for new bin – Gary Allbones to repair 2 bins. A request has been made for a new bin to be erected on Shiregate. Clerk to review situation. ACTION: Clerk
3.5.18 Village Centre Developments – The workshops are now complete approximately 150 people attended over the two weeks. The Parish Council are now waiting for Arts NK and Peter Fender to come back. Cllr Mrs Bradwell suggested people should visit Billinghay to see the work that has been done. ACTION: Chairman/Clerk
3.5.19 Consider Insurance issues relating to all PC assets – Cllr Ford and the Chairman are in the process of arranging a meeting with an insurance broker. ACTION: Cllr Ford
At this point the meeting was adjourned for tea, coffee and biscuits.
3.6 New Business
3.6.1 To appoint an internal auditor – Mr John Wood, this was proposed by Cllr Mrs Creasey and seconded by Cllr Mrs Webb with all in favour.
3.6.2 To resolve all communication, including training be sent through the Clerk, with the exception of Planning Correspondence which is to be sent direct to Cllr Mrs Honisett because of the time limits. This was proposed by Cllr Waddington, seconded by Cllr Westall and all were in favour. ACTION: Councillors/Clerk
3.6.3 To resolve any communication from the Clerk can be sent via e-mail to Councillors who have the facility, this is to be added to Standing Orders. This was proposed by Cllr Mrs Webb, seconded by Cllr Ford with all in favour. ACTION: Councillors/Clerk
3.6.4 To resolve apologies for absence and reasons given must be approved by the Council, the minutes must state apologies have been received and accepted, this was proposed by Cllr Mrs Creasey and seconded by Cllr Parkinson, with all in favour. ACTION: Councillors/Clerk
3.7.1 To note general correspondence – duly noted.
3.7.2 To consider correspondence requiring action by the Council
a) Letter received from Helen Flower Middle Street, regarding concerns of youths congregating and playing football in the village car park. This is causing damage to the Village Hall and general nuisance to residents in the area. The Clerk has responded with an e-mail stating long term projects are ongoing to rectify the problems, but they are to contact PC Carl Annall if the problem persists.
b) Letter received from Mr Blackburne of Park Crescent regarding the planting of trees near to his property, Cllr Mrs Honisett is to contact the tree officer at NKDC. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Honisett
Ref: N/39/0526/06 – Continued stationing of mobile home at the Quarry, Heath lane, Metheringham. This was discussed at the last Parish Council meeting, and the following objection was made: “Concern was expressed about development in open countryside, about foul and storm water disposal, and the location being identified as a Site of Special Scientific Interest.” These words are a repeat of the objection made on the earlier application.
Planning Application Decisions:-
Planning permission has been granted for:
Ref: N/39/0369/06 – Two storey extension to restaurant and flat at Mowgli Indian Restaurant, 13 High Street, Metheringham
Ref: N/39/0390/06 – Erection of replacement dwelling and garage (revised scheme to 05/1143) at Drier Cottage, Nocton Heath, Lincoln
The Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday 14th June was cancelled. Apologies to Cllr Mrs Creasey who was not informed.
One application, ref: N/39/0637/06 – Proposal: Erection of conservatory at Mulberry Bush Nursery, High Street, Metheringham, had been received, and was returned with the following comment: “Our main concern is the fact that surface water is to be connected to the main sewer (paragraph 10). In light of the existing problems in the sewerage system, we strongly suggest that all surface water should be connected to the land drain.”
Before the next Planning Committee meeting decisions need to be made with reference to:
N/39/0661/06 – Proposal: Demolition of conservatory and erection of single storey rear extension at 1 Kings Road, Metheringham.
N/39/0630/06 – Proposal: Two storey extension at 1 Chapel Yard, Metheringham
N/39/0693/06 – Proposal: Erection of single storey extension to create annexe and conservatory extension at 3 High Street, Metheringham
N/39/0684/06 – Proposal: Two storey rear extension at 3 Paddock Lane, Metheringham.
From Lincolnshire County Council an application to continue to use quarry for motor vehicle and motor cycle trials/training and other sporting activities without complying with condition 1 of planning permission no. N39/0441/01 at Metheringham Quarry, Heath Lane, Metheringham
The Planning Committee is scheduled to meet next on Wednesday 12 th July 2006 at 7.30pm in the Church Hall.
3.9 Financial matters
3.9.1 To consider accounts for payment
Cllr Mrs Creasey proposed payment of accounts, Cllr Mrs Parker seconded and all were in favour.
3.9.2 To receive a report from the RFO on the PC finances – The RFO stated he was still waiting for the audit return and he will notify the Council when this has been received.
3.10 Any Other Business
3.10.1 Cllr Westall – Gave his apologies for not being able to attend next months meeting.
3.10.2 Cllr Mrs Parker – is concerned about the amount of brick and rubble being place on the site of the old kennels at the Station. The Clerk is to contact NKDC and the Environment Agency. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.3 Cllr Mrs Creasey – Has concerns about a German Shepherd dog should it be wearing a muzzle when in public places? Clerk to contact the dog warden for advice. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.4 Cllr Parkinson – Grass areas in village play parks, need to be tidied up. Village caretaker to strim areas in question. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Honisett/Village Caretaker
3.10.5 Cllr Waddington – Bush overhanging footpath on the corner of Princess Margaret Avenue and Prince’s Street next to the Great Barrier Reef Fish & Chip Shop. This has already been cut back, Clerk to contact LCC Highways and request it is removed. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.6 Cllr Waddington – Bush overhanging footpath on High Street opposite Andrews Butchers. Clerk to contact LCC Highways. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.7 Cllr Mrs Webb – has received a complaint about the footpaths on Princess Margaret Avenue, between numbers 23-47 they are badly cracked, this has been caused by lorries parking on them. Clerk to report to LCC Highways. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.8 Cllr Mrs Webb – complaint received about the footpaths in Alfred Avenue, the tarmac is cracked and weeds are growing through. Clerk to report to LCC Highways. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.9 Cllr Mrs Webb – The owners of a property on Shiregate which moved their fence outside their boundary have still not moved it back. Clerk to contact Shirley Barlow at NKDC. ACTION: Clerk
3.10.10 Cllr Ford – Two trees have been planted in Hall Yard, next to the Cadet Hut, but no one is watering them, Cllr Mrs Honisett is to speak to the tree officer at NKDC. ACTION: Cllr Mrs Honisett
3.18 Date and venue of next meeting – Tuesday 25 th July 2006 in the Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 9.26pm
web design (c) the weaver 2001-2007